Thursday, August 26, 2010

its my blog and i'll whine if i want to

I am not feeling so hot tonight. Pretty miserable, really. I haven't exercised in a whole week, and boy, can I ever feel it! I feel puffy, fat and icky. My bike bit the dust last week (handlebars are broken); then I was supposed to go for a short hike and tennis date with the hubby on Sunday but the weather was ghastly, stormy and like, 97 degrees with what seemed like 150% humidity (gotta luv late summer on Delmarva). My work schedule has been killer, and I spent my entire day off Tuesday at the outlets attempting school shopping for my 2 tweenage (13 and 11 y.o.) girls(and it did NOT go well). I haven't been getting much sleep (mostly due to my work schedule) and as a result, I am suffering a major fibromyalgia flare(probably the worst i have had since my bypass surgery). My knees, hips and elbows hurt so flippin bad I just want to cry, and i certainly don't want to work out. I brought my exerbands to work with me and used them for about 10 min. I am debating a beach walk in the am, but if my knees are still hurting, I may settle for a stroll on the paved bike path. ANY form of activity will be better than none! Ok, whining over! on to happier, more blogworthy thoughts! The other day I made some of Eggface's BITES, that were AWE-some! they were a broccoli/cheese version with muenster and sharp white cheddar. so delish! even you non-ops should go on over to her blog and try some of her recipes! Today wasnt a terrible day for me foodwise. I did do some grazing (mooo) but for the most part i had WLS friendly fare. For breakfast I made egg-foo young with baby bella mushrooms, shallots, and peas... kept me full until the afternoon, which is when I should have made a protein shake, but didnt and thus the grazing began! I baked 2 batches of roasted chick-peas; a plain salted version and a 'muy caliente' version with garlic, onion, paprika and piquin chili powders! nom-nom-nom my 11 yo LOOOOOves the salted ones! I mixed up a batch of my "bean salad" and brought some of that to work, it has black beans and black-eyed peas with bell pepper, onions, white corn,crumbled cheese and Good Seasons Italian salad dressing, protein packed and keeps in the fridge for almost a week! (it lasts longer in fridge if you don't put the cheese in until you are ready to eat, otherwise the cheese gets mushy and ewwww) My friend Jenna and I cooked for our church service tonight, I made a WLS friendly chicken pot pie and she made a partially sugar free banana pudding, they went over VERY well. My pot pie is very simple, cubed/shredded cooked chicken, a bag of thawed,frozen mixed veggies, one can each of cream of celery and cream of chicken soup thinned with 1/2c of milk and 1/2 c chicken stock, add white pepper, kosher salt, onion and celery powder to taste, mix well and top with 1/2 of a can of crescent roll dough cut into very thin strips and latticed on top, bake at 375 until dough is golden brown, DONE. Seriously, its that easy! I really load it with chicken to up the protein. This usually feeds 4 (3 non-ops + me) with leftovers (of course tonites version had to feed 40!) BTW I had about 1/2 c of the banana pudding, and no dumping... yaaay ;) I am LOVING: 1. Trident Fruit Sensation Tropical Fruit SF gum (i know/ i know... u aren't supposed to chew gum after WLS but I cant give it up and its a great way to keep from snacking) 2. roasted chick peas Todays Highlights: 1. I found a bike on Craigslist that i can possibly afford, and I plan to call in the am...crossing fingers its still avail and decent

No comments:

Post a Comment