Monday, August 16, 2010

taking off the gloves

do you hear it? the alleluia chorus? bum-da-da-da! I finally have a title. It seems so basic and simple, which is probably why I couldn't come up with it til now (anyone who knows me (even a little) is probably painfully aware that i have a tendency to over complicate things)! well, now that we have that out of the way, on to more important schtuff... i am sooooo excited about the feedback i have been getting about this blog!!!! I told my hubby when i started that this was primarily for myself, but that if i inspired just one other person it would all be worthwhile, and i must say it is COMPLETELY worth while! Today i have been thinking about the psychological side of WLS; we all learned in our pre-op classes about how the mind takes a long time to catch up to the body when you lose weight so rapidly, but for me, that remains the same today, 5 YEARS post-op! How is it that 130+ pounds later i STILL feel like the fat girl??? Will i EVER be able to not mentally compare my body to that of other women i see? I have some friends who have been conquering their weight issues recently (some by way of WLS/ some non-op) and while i am TRULY happy for their success, i still burn with jealousy that i am not at goal, and i still feel inferior to them. and then i wonder if THEY ever feel this way... WHY??? WHY??? will i EVER truly permit myself to acknowledge my accomplishment? when will i stop mentally abusing myself about the weight gain? will weighing under 150(my personal *magic* number) suddenly, magically cure these feelings? i doubt it. uggh so much work to do on my psyche. So i am just taking it one day at a time, one step at a time, one rule at a time. I hereby remove my invisible, mental boxing gloves! Still really struggling with the fluid intake, although my new addiction to hot green tea is helping with that! it may even be crowding out my addiction to coffee, if you can believe that! Meal planning HAS to become a priority. It is important for everyone, not just us WLS peeps, so that you are getting a healthy, balanced diet with all the nutrients that you need. Just an FYI in case anyone is wondering, but I DO NOT count calories. I only focus on protein intake. Having said that, i do try to make healthy choices with regard to fats and carbs. I am a firm believer that full fats of the healthy variety are vital to any diet, especially one based on malabsorption like RNY. And white carbs are from the Devil, Himself. But, thats just me, please dont rely on my blog for advice on your plan. Thats what your doctor and his framed degree are for. Every WLS patient is different and what my body can/cannot tolerate will not be the same for you or anyone else. Manana, I plan to post some recipes and pics, so thats something to look forward to! Highlight of my day: my sissy bought me a uber-cute dress for my b-day and i wore it to church this morning, AND felt downright cute in it! [see, i dont beat myself up ALL the time ;)] Currently listening to : TikTok by Ke$ha--yes PLEEZ shoot me now, i 4got my phone and am relegated to a crappy radio station missing Pandora

1 comment:

  1. Uber-cute indeed! I loved the dress and you looked great in it! :)

    ReplyDelete