Wednesday, September 1, 2010

my first picture post



Hello world! I am back! Feeling much better and ready to blog some more. Remember the bike I mentioned in the last post? well I got it, and its awe-some! wahoo! and a steal for only 60 bucks! so I am back in the saddle so-to-speak ;) speaking of which, i need to buy a gel seat, cuz this one is a little rough on my tushie *ouch* Over this past week I have been lurking around my fave WLS blogs and checking out some way cool WLS Vlogs on youtube. I have been feeling so much regret that it took me this long to start finding ways to connect to post WLS lifestyles. For the first 4 1/2 years post surgery I lived entirely in the non-op world. I wonder where my weight loss would be at this point had I surrounded myself with others on this journey? I have a feeling I would probably be at goal. Don't worry, this isn't a self pity party, I am not hanging my head in shame, I am rejoicing that I FINALLY have connected with this part of me! I have made a decision; I am going to start a support group in my community. I have talked about it for about 6 months or so, but I have decided to stop talking and start doing. I have started planning weekly topics and now need to find a location. I am really excited! Moving on...I have made several yummy eats this week such as veggie egg-foo young BITES, and choco-protein oatmeal balls (thanks eggface-if you haven't checked out her blog yet, what r u waiting for? ) today I made choco-protein bananna bonbons from the Bariatric Foodie, Nikki.( Another blog you MUST check out http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/) And today I made mini salmon patties (omg they are one of my all-time faves! mom used to make them all the time when I was growing up!) Remember in the last blog how i was whining about my fibromyalgia pain in my elbows and knees? well, i had done some online research and found some scary stuff about calcium/vit D deficiency causing Osteomalacia (aka RICKETS) and freaked out! ( i haven't taken any supplements for a while. yeah, i know, i am an idiot) I mentioned it to my PCP when I was there for some other issues (surgical menopause is no joke) and she said that my most recent labs did show my serum calcium levels were low, and having a hysterectomy also increases your chance of bone loss! She told me to discuss it with my bariatric doc when i see her next month. Well i am not taking ANY chances, I marched right out to the Walgreen's to buy some calcium chews. In my research I learned how bad calcium carbonate is and how much better calcium citrate is for absorption, so I started reading labels. To my surprise I discovered only Citrical and its Walgreen's twin had calcium citrate, and one other, Wellesse Liquid Calcium with Vit D. After reading the Wellesse label, I decided this was the one, 1000mg of calcium and 1000mg of Vit D in 2 tablespoons. The bottle has 16 servings and was $6.99, I bought it and its not half bad! tangy citrus flavored, only mildly chalky. I also bought a liquid form of B12 (1000mcg per tbsp) it was $9.99 but on sale B1G1 free...yaaaay! I love me some bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment