Tuesday, September 21, 2010

apologies and "Naked" adventures

hello friends! i know i have been a slacker lately, but I had not realized it has been 2 weeks since my last post! i apologize! Life has been pretty crazy lately, since the kiddos went back to school we have been running around like headless chickens, but i am hoping things are starting to become more routine.  i have been thinking about what direction i would like this blog to move in, initially it was to be an outlet for random musings about my struggle with regain after my weightloss surgery in 2005. But lets face facts, a. i am not that interesting and 2. i am not that interesting.   i decided that i could throw in some unsolicited product reviews and recipes (advanced warning: i do not typically measure ingredients and if you are a stickler for exact measurements you will not like my approach). "Eggface" posts "a day in my pouch" periodically, and i thought that maybe I could do something along those lines, perhaps just one meal out of my day (i don't want to be a copycat). we shall see what develops. Ok, moving on...I had an adventure the other day...I had been searching for a product (aka driving my husband nuts) I read about on my favorite blog called Naked Nuggets. They are chicken nuggets without breading. I have been so stoked to try them, but apparently only ONE store carries them in our area.  So the other day after i finished my beach walk, I decided to drive to the store I was told had them. Guess what? They didnt have them. But they did give me the number to the store that did carry them! and it was only 10 miles further south so I went to find them and taaaadaaaa! i got em! 3 bags to be exact. They are a bit pricey, 28 nuggets in a bag for 7 bucks ( a non-op serving is 7 nuggets- i can eat about 4 with a side item) but they are surprisingly good. and good for you! organic, bread free, high in protein. I give them an A- (i took off points for the slight, frozen food aftertaste) they will definitely be a great addition to my stockpile. And definitely worth the 62 MILE round trip to go get them once a month or so! Remember when I posted that i won a drawing on the "Bariatric Foodie" blog and  i was waiting on my prize pack? well, it arrived last week and let me say how AWESOME Nikki is for putting together such a great package! It came with assorted protein pudding/shake mixes, soups, TVP(textured veggie protein-cant wait to try it!), a SF High Protein granola and SF Peppermint Paddy syrup! there was a slight misadventure involving my allergy to pomegranates, but it was nothing a massive dose of benadryl couldn't cure (my own fault for thinking just one sip wouldn't hurt!) Well, i think that's all i have for now. Keep an eye out for a new tab with some recipes, i plan to post them later this week (as soon as i can figure out how to add the new tab)
see how excited i was to find these nuggets?
newest obsession: Costa Rican Blend Wawa Coffee= yuuuummmm
currently listening to: What a Feeling- Irene Carra (sp?) Flashdance(why yes i am chair dancing and singing into my pen)

No comments:

Post a Comment