Thursday, September 2, 2010

the weather channel rocks

As you may know, I live in the mid-atlantic region of the states and we are bracing for Hurricane Earl. I must admit I am a weather channel junkie and whenever there is the chance of bad weather I watch it every chance I can!!! So for the past day and a half I have been glued to the telly. I have a bad feeling about this storm, we have gotten off pretty easy as far as hurricanes and tropical storms in the past few years, so we are overdue. We had several feet of snow this past winter, which is unusual, so it would stand to reason we would get slammed with a major tropical storm this fall.  I pray that everyone will be safe, and hope that people take this threat seriously.  So, that's all I did today besides sleep ( I'm a night shift nurse), I even slept with the weather channel on in my bedroom (its a sickness, I know)! Well, actually that's not ALL I did, this morning I came up with a high protein, low(er) carb version of pancakes that I thought were pretty dang yummy (and my 8 year old (very picky eater) stepson agreed ) yaaay!!!  I am going to make them again and write down measurements so that I can share the recipe with you, but basically they had oat flour, almond meal, vanilla and maple flavoring, SF cheesecake pudding mix, protein powder, baking powder and skim milk. They were DELISH! (along with everyone else in my house)I loooove pancakes, but absolutely cannot tolerate them since my gastric bypass (every time i have broke down and had some I paid for it dearly). These are super yummy, totally tamed the craving and didn't make me dump!!! yaaaaay!!! they were ultra filling too, only 3 silver dollar size and i felt ready to bust. So i cooked and slept today. I lead such an exciting existence, don't I? oh wait, something exciting did happen to me this morning...remember how I posted about the Eggface Blogover giveaway? yeah, well I didn't win that...BUT... i DID win a giveaway on the Bariatric Foodie Blog!!! oh yeah! so excited! not sure what I won yet, I think its an assortment of protein powder/bars/flavored sf syrups but I will be sure to post what it is and a pic when I get it! *doing a little happy dance boogie-woogie* I submitted a photo of some chocolate/protein banana bonbons that I made using her recipe and the random name generator thingy picked moi!  here is the pic that I posted along with the link to the site.  Bariatric Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment